COVID-19 Self-Screening Before Coming to Your Appointment
On the day of your appointment, and before you come to the clinic, you should self-screen for COVID-19 symptoms. If you have any of these symptoms, please call the clinic to cancel or talk to your practitioner or receptionist. If you both decide that you have symptoms that are concerning, please visit 811.novascotia.ca and follow the directions provided before coming to your appointment.
- New or worsening cough
- Sore throat
- Muscle aches
- Shortness of breath
- Runny nose
- Loss of sense of smell or taste
- Hoarse voice
- Unusual fatigue
- New onset diarrhea
- Red, purple or bluish lesions on the feet, toes, or fingers without a clear cause
- Or have travelled outside of the Atlantic Provinces in the past 14 days, or have been in contact with someone who has?
What to Expect When You Arrive For Your Appointment - COVID-19 Protocol
- We realize everyone loves our reception area for relaxation, but for now it is off limits due to having upholstered furniture that cannot be properly sanitized.
- When you arrive, please wait in your car for a phone call. If you do not have a cell phone or are not arriving by car, you may come to the clinic and if the practitioner is not waiting for you, there is a chair in the hall outside the door where you may have a seat.
- A self-screening sign will be on the outside of the clinic door. Please self-screen when you arrive.
- You will be required to wear a mask. You may wear your own mask, or you will be given one upon arrival.
- When you enter the clinic, you will be greeted by your practitioner who has disinfected their hands, will be wearing a mask, has disinfected their treatment room, and has self-screened before their shift.
- You will be asked to either wash your hands or use hand sanitizer, which we will provide.
- You will be taken to the treatment room where you will be screened again, and treatment will be given.
- Treatment rooms and all high touch areas are disinfected between each patient/client, and a cleaning log is kept.
- Any companion, guest, courier or maintenance visits are logged for contact tracing purposes.
- Payment can be made by: debit, credit card, cheque, cash or e-transfer - depending on your practitioner.
- If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to call the clinic and speak to Ashley.